Kia Motors UK
We were tasked to deliver an increase in traffic and conversions from organic search. We were also challenged to deliver an integrated approach, working closely with the PPC and Display teams. Another challenge was to deliver content optimisation on the site which includes many Flash animations which are difficult to read for search engines.
Firstly, a detailed project plan was drawn, activities prioritised and SEO strategy set.
Secondly, in-depth keyword research and analysis was conducted. This highlighted many gaps and opportunities for improving rankings of many branded and generic search terms. The keyword analysis also highlighted expensive paid search keywords which were cross checked with natural search data to show organic potential.
Based on the above, all on-page elements of the three Kia sites were optimised. This included HTML, URL and content optimisation. The content was optimised by reviewing existing copy as well as inserting static HTML content blocks behind Flash animations in a search engine friendly manner. Off-site optimisation included Google Places management and the execution of a sustainable link building strategy.
In 6 months:
- We delivered a 64% increase in organic traffic to local dealer sites
- We delivered a 55% increase in organic traffic to the group site
- We delivered a 29% increase in organic conversions
Year on Year:
- We delivered a 87% increase in organic traffic to local dealer sites
- We delivered a 10% increase in organic traffic to the group site
- We delivered a 9% increase in organic conversions
The SEO visibility of Kia UK has significantly increased since the beginning of the campaign:
Disclaimer: This work was carried out when I was a full time employee at Media Contacts. Although this was a team effort I directly managed SEO strategy, planning and execution.